~ UMass-Lowell travels to Northeastern Saturday; No. 5 Merrimack takes on Colgate ~
Spencer Abbott and Maine host Boston University Saturday night on CBS Sports Network
No. 3 Boston College at UMass-Lowell (Fri. at the Tsongas Center)
• Boston College won the first two meetings of the season series on Oct. 28 (4-2) and Oct. 29 (6-3).
• Doug Carr has won seven straight starts for the River Hawks, owning a 1.71 GAA, .941 save percentage with
two shutouts during his win streak.
• Chris Kreider's 16 points (8g,8a) is third best among skaters in conference play.
• The River Hawks have outscored their opponents 18 to 9 in the third period this season.
No. 12 Boston University at Maine (Sat. at Alfond Arena, CBS Sports Network)
• The Terriers won the season series with the Black Bears last season, 1-0-2, with BU getting a win and tie at
Alfond last January.
• Chris Connolly became the third active Hockey East player to notch 100 career points with an assist in BU's
2-1 win at UNH on Thursday night. Connolly has amassed 30 goals and 70 assists in 129 career games with the
• Maine's Spencer Abbott was named Athletic Republic Player of the Week on Monday for this nine-point (5g,4a)
performance in a two-game sweep at Vermont. Abbott also went over 100 career points that weekend to join his
teammate Brian Flynn.
UMass-Lowell at Northeastern (Sat. at Matthews Arena)
• The Huskies swept the River Hawks in the regular-season set last year in a combined score of 9-4.
• Dating back to the Boston College game on Nov. 11, NU's line of Steve Quailer, Braden Pimm and Cody Ferriero
have tallied 25 points (13-12-25) with a combined plus/minus rating of +25 in the last seven games (5-2-0
• Sophomore netminder Doug Carr owns the country's best winning percentage (88.9%). Carr ranks fifth nationally
in GAA (1.78) and save percentage (.935).
No. 5 Merrimack at Colgate (Sat. at Starr Rink)
• Merrimack is 8-7-0 lifetime against the Raiders. The teams have not met since November of 2001 and not at
Colgate since November of 1996.
• Senior Jeff Velleca tallied his first career two goal, two assist and four point game, while Brendan Ellis added
a career-high four assists from the blue line in the 5-2 victory over Vermont on Wednesday.
• The Warriors own a 3-0-0 record in non-conference play so far this season.