~ No. 7 MC and NU play series; UMass faces BC, UNH; UML entertains No. 12 BU ~
Providence College hosts Vermont for a two-game series this weekend
Maine at No. 1 Boston College (Fri. at Conte Forum)
• Maine and Boston College have met 107 times with the Eagles holding a 58-40-9 edge in the all-time series.
Boston College holds a 7-2-1 edge in the last 10 meetings.
• BC's Bill Arnold was named Athletic Republic Player of the Month with 12 points (6g,6a) in eight games. He
registered 20 points in his freshman season and he didn't record his 12th point until his 25th game last year.
• Joey Diamond has notched seven points (5g,2a) in seven career games against Boston College.
Northeastern vs. No. 7 Merrimack - Two-Game Series (Fri. at MC, Sat. at NU)
• The Warriors won the first meeting of the season series on October 21 by a 4-1 score at Lawler Arena.
• Merrimack remains one of five undefeated teams in NCAA hockey, along with Colorado College, Harvard,
Westerm Michigan and Yale.
• Steve Quailer is NU's active scoring leader against MC with six points (2g,4a) in seven career games.
• Ryan Flanigan was named the Hockey East Co-Player of the Week. Flanigan has points in every game this year
and points in 13 straight dating back to last season. He played in his 100th game on Friday at Vermont.
Massachusetts (Fri.), Maine (Sat.) at UNH (at the Whittemore Center)
• Matt Di Girolamo owns a 1.30 GAA and a .952 save percentage in three career starts (2-0-1) vs. UMass.
• Maine and New Hampshire have met 109 times with the Black Bears holding a 56-48-5 edge in the series. In
the last 10 meetings, UNH holds a 7-3-0 edge. The next meeting will be played at Fenway Park.
• UNH has a 79-18-8 lifetime record vs. Massachusetts in 105 all-time meetings dating back to Feb. 13, 1926. UNH
captured last year's season series with a 2-0-1 record. UNH is 9-1-3 in the last 13 meetings with the Minutemen.
• Coach Umile became the second coach in league history with 300 career victories in league play on Saturday
night vs. Northeastern, joining BU's Jack Parker (391 wins).
Vermont at Providence - Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at Schneider Arena)
• In 44 all-time meetings between the two teams, the Catamounts lead 23-15-6. Three of the last four meetings
have resulted in ties. Last season, Vermont posted a 1-0-2 record against the Friars with one of the ties coming at
Schneider Arena. The Friars are seeking their first win over the Catamounts since November 9, 2008.
• Providence's freshman class has accounted for 43% (24 of 56) of the team's offense so far this season.
No. 1 Boston College at Massachusetts (Sat. at the Mullins Center)
• The Eagles won all five meetings vs. UMass last season, which included two quarterfinal playoff games.
• Parker Milner stopped 74 shots (.937 save%) last weekend in a home-and-home series with UMass-Lowell.
• UMass senior forward T.J. Syner's seven assists ranked tied for third among league skaters.
No. 12 Boston University at UMass-Lowell (Sat. at the Tsongas Center)
• BU sophomore Matt Nieto has scored a goal in the first six games of the season for the Terriers.
• Junior Riley Wetmore and Joseph Pendenza lead the River Hawks roster with five points apiece this season.
• The Terriers swept the season series last year and outscored them by a 10-3 score in the three games.