~ UML faces UMass, UNH; NU squares off with PC, UVM; UMass entertains Maine ~
Vermont travels to Boston University and Northeastern this weekend
Vermont (Fri.), UNH (Sat.) at Boston University (at Agganis Arena)
• Rob Madore trails Tom Draper '87 by 33 saves for third on the all-time career saves list at Vermont. Madore
has 2,773 career stops and is behind only Draper, Joe Fallon (2,907), and Tim Thomas (3,950).
• Vermont has lost just once at Agganis Arena since 2007 and is 2-1-3 in its last six trips to play Boston.
• Sophomore forward Matt Nieto has a point in eight of nine games this season for the Terriers and BU owns a
4-2-1 record when he scores a goal for the Terriers.
• UVM's H.T. Lenz is coming off his first career multi-goal game last Saturday vs. UNH.
Maine at Massachusetts (Fri. at the Mullins Center)
• Maine and UMass have met 63 times with the Black Bears holding a 41-16-6 lead in the all-time series, however,
the Minutemen have won five of the last eight against the Black Bears
• UMass' T.J. Syner ranks second in Hockey East with 15 points (5g,10a) and his assist total is tied for the best
in the league along with Maine's Brian Flynn and BC's Pat Mullane.
• Brian Flynn has recorded 12 points (8g,4a) in nine games and is the active leading Black Bears' scorer vs.
UMass-Lowell at UNH (Fri. at the Whittemore Center)
• UNH extended its unbeaten streak to six games with a 4-4 tie with Vermont on Saturday night in Burlington. The
Wildcats hold the second-longest unbeaten streak in Hockey East and the fifth-longest streak in the nation.
• Scott Wilson earned his second consecutive Hockey East Rookie of the Week honor for a three-point weekend
in Orono. He has amassed seven points (4g,3a) in the last four games, which includes a four-game goal streak.
Northeastern at Providence (Fri. at Schneider Arena)
• In 140 all-time meetings between the two teams, PC leads, 76-50-14, including a 38-19-8 mark in Providence.
Last season, the Friars posted a 1-1-1 record against the Huskies with the win (3-2) coming at Schneider Arena on
October 8 in the season opener.
• The Friars have a 6-1-1 record at home this season, including a 4-0 mark in Hockey East games at Schneider
Arena. In the eight home games, the Friars have outscored opponents, 32-19.
• Tim Schaller, who totaled seven goals in his first two seasons (67 games) at Providence, has a team-high eight
goals in 10 games this season.
No. 3 Boston College at No. 4 Notre Dame (Fri. at Compton Family Ice Arena)
• Boston College and Notre Dame are meeting for the 31st time in series history. The Eagles hold a 16-12-2 advantage.
The Eagles are 7-3-1 in games played in South Bend, including a 4-2-1 record in South Bend under York.
Massachusetts at UMass-Lowell (Sat. at the Tsongas Center)
• UMass Lowell leads the all-time series against the Minutemen 31-21-6 including a 10-8-2 mark since 2005-06.
UMass swept last season's series with the River Hawks which included two wins at the Tsongas Center.
• UMass' seven goals vs. Holy Cross was the most for the Minutemen since defeating Providence 9-4 on Oct.
Vermont at Northeastern (Sat. at Matthews Arena)
• The two teams split the season series last year with Northeastern coming out victorious in the last meeting on
Jan. 15, 2011 by a 2-0 score at Matthews Arena.