~ No. 1 BC, UML play series; No. 12 BU, UMass faceoff; UNH hosts pair of games ~
The Maine Black Bears host Providence College for two games this weekend
Providence at Maine - Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at Alfond Arena)
• In 105 all-time meetings between the two teams, Maine leads 62-37-6, including a 37-14-3 edge in Maine. Last
season, Maine won the season series, 2-0-1, including a 4-3 overtime win at Alfond Arena. Providence is looking for
its first win at Alfond Arena since a 1-0 victory on November 10, 2007.
• In six career starts vs. Maine, Alex Beaudry (Cumberland, Ont.) owns a 1-3-2 record with a 2.67 GAA and a
.925 save percentage.
No. 12 Boston University vs. Massachusetts (Fri. at UMass on NESN, Sat. at BU)
• Sophomore Matt Nieto (Long Beach, Calif) has scored a goal in all four contests for the Terriers this season. Last
season, Nieto scored his fourth goal 15 games into the season and finished with 10 in his freshman campaign.
• Senior forward T.J. Syner (Springfield, Mass.) has registered six assists in his last three games for the Minutemen,
which included two three-assist efforts on Oct. 14 vs. Bentley and Oct. 15 at Providence.
No. 9 Merrimack College at Vermont - Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at Gutterson Fieldhouse)
• Vermont's 5-4 win over No. 8 Minnesota last Sunday was the 700th win in the history of the men's hockey
• Vermont owns a 11-9-5 all-time record vs. Merrimack, but the Warriors own a 4-0-2 record the last two years.
• Senior goaltender Rob Madore (Pittsburgh, Pa.) played in his 100th career game last Friday during Vermont's
season opener at Minnesota.
• Merrimack has not been 5-0 since 1987-88, which predates their time in Hockey East.
No. 1 Boston College vs. UMass-Lowell - Two-Game Series (Fri. at UML, Sat. at BC)
• Boston College is 57-33-7 in the 93-game all-time series between the teams. The Eagles are 40-16-2 (.690 win
percentage) under head coach Jerry York. BC defeated UMass-Lowell in the last meeting between the teams on Jan.
29, 2011 in Lowell, Mass., and has won four straight meetings between the teams. The Eagles last lost to the River
Hawks on Feb. 12, 2010 in Tsongas Arena.
• BC sophomore Bill Arnold (Needham, Mass.) is the leading scorer in the league with 10 points (5g,5a) in six
No. 11 Union (Fri.), Northeastern (Sat.) at UNH (at the Whittemore Center Arena)
• Northeastern won the first meeting of the season series on Oct. 14 at Matthews Arena by a 4-0 score. Chris
Rawlings (North Delta, B.C.) notched 27 saves in his ninth career shutout for the Huskies.
• UNH holds 4-1-0 lead in the all-time series with Union dating back to Dec. 26, 1941. The last meeting between
the two teams was a 9-2 UNH win on Oct. 31, 2003 at Whittemore Center.
• Senior forward Stevie Moses (Leominster, Mass.) is the Wildcats' active leader scorer vs. NU with seven points
3g,4a) in 10 career games.