~ UNH plays home-and-home with NU; BC and UMass meet in series; UML, PC play two ~
Boston University hosts Vermont this weekend for two games on NESN
Vermont at No. 15 Boston University - Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at Agganis Arena; NESN)
- The Terriers are 6-0-1 in their last seven Hockey East contests and are three points away from securing home
ice for the eighth straight year.
- The Terriers boast four of the top 10 freshman scorers in all of Hockey East.
- Vermont senior forward Jack Downing had a four-goal game streak snapped on Saturday against UNH. He leads
the Catamounts with 12 goals scored this season.
No. 4 Merrimack at Maine - Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at Alfond Arena)
- Merrimack enters this weekend with the third longest unbeaten streak in the nation at eight games. They are
21-5-4 on the season and 15-5-3 in Hockey East. They also received a first place vote for the best team in the nation
for the first time in program history.
- Maine freshman goaltender Dan Sullivan and the Black Bears recorded back-to-back shutouts last weekend at
UMass Lowell. It is the first time that a Maine goalie has had back-to-back shutouts since Matt Lundin recorded two
straight shutouts on Oct. 22 and 29, 2005.
No. 2 Boston College vs. Massachusetts - Two-Game Series (Fri. at UMass, Sat. at BC)
- UMass senior goaltender Paul Dainton enters the weekend with 3,031 career saves, needing just 19 to tie the
UMass program record, held by Brian Regan (3,050).
- BC and Merrimack need only one point to clinch home ice for the Hockey East quarterfinal playoffs.
- The Eagles' 7-7 tie against Northeastern on Feb. 18 marked its first draw since last March at New Hampshire.
BC went 29-6-0 in 37 games between ties.
No. 9 UNH vs. Northeastern - Two-Game Series (Fri. at UNH, Sat. at NU)
- UNH became the first in Hockey East to clinch home-ice advantage for the Hockey East quarterfinals. The
Wildcats have hosted the quarterfinals for a league-best 15-straight seasons since 1995-96.
- Paul Thompson needs two assists to become the fifth Hockey East player in the last 20 years to record 20 goals
and 20 assists in league play. Here are the players that have accomplished the feat; Bobby Butler (09-10), Jason
Krog (98-99), Chris Drury (95-96) and David Emma (90-91).
- UNH head coach Dick Umile needs two wins in league play to become the second coach in league history to
post 300+ victories in league play, Jack Parker's 387 leads the league all-time.
- Northeastern's Tyler McNeely is on the cusp of becoming the 46th member of Northeastern hockey history to
reach the 100-point plateau with 99 career points (43g,56a).
UMass-Lowell vs. Providence - Two-Game Series (Fri. at PC, Sat. at UML)
- In 93 all-time meetings between the two teams, PC leads, 46-37-10.
- In the last 17 games, the Friars have killed off 82 of 90 penalties (91.1 %).
- When UML visits Schneider Arena, they are 22-24-3 but are 0-4-2 since a 4-3 OT win on Jan. 15, 2006.
- UMass-Lowell won the only meeting this season with Providence 5-4 (OT) on Oct. 22nd.