~ No. 15 Boston U. travels to Vermont for Sunday game on CBS College Sports ~
Boston College hosts Providence College Friday night on NESN
No. 3 Boston College vs. Providence - Two-Game Series (Fri. at BC, NESN; Sat. at PC)
- The Eagles swept the season series with PC last year by a combined score of 12-4 in 2009-10.
- PC's senior class has accounted for 29 (62%) of the team's 47 goals and 60 (49%) of the teams 122 pts.
- Junior forward Cam Atkinson enters Friday's game with 98 points in 96 collegiate games for the Eagles
- PC finished the first half of the season with a 7-6-5 (.528) overall record, the first time that the Friars have
been over .500 at the Christmas break since the 2005-06 season.
- BC goalie John Muse is 6-2-2 with a 1.87 GAA and a .932 save% in 10 career games against the Friars.
UMass-Lowell at No. 4 UNH (Fri. at the Whittemore Center)
- UNH was victorious in the first meeting of the season series back on Nov. 6 (2-1) at the Tsongas Center
- Maury Edwards has notched seven points (2g,5a) in 10 career games against the Wildcats.
- The Wildcats are 8-0-1 when leading after two periods this season.
Northeastern (Fri.), No. 4 UNH (Sat.) at Massachusetts (at the Mullins Center)
- The Huskies won the season series with the Minutemen last year, 2-1-0, which included a 6-3 NU win on Feb.
13 at Matthews Arena in the last meeting between the two schools
- UNH's Paul Thompson has notched 10 points (2g,8a) in eight career games against the Minutemen.
- The Wildcats are 1-0-1 on the season vs. UMass, including a 3-3 tie in the last meeting on Nov. 13.
- Against Wisconsin, the penalty kill unit was UMass' bright spot going 8-for-9 against the Badgers' No. 2
nationally ranked power play unit.
- Senior Wade MacLeod leads Northeastern in points (8), goals (5) and games played (12) against UMass.
No. 11 Maine at No. 17 Merrimack (Sat. at Lawler Arena, 4pm)
- The Black Bears won the season series last year, 2-1-0 with Maine coming out with a 5-1 victory in the last
meeting on Feb. 27 at Lawler Arena. Maine leads the all-time series 58-11-6.
- Joe Cannata's 2.06 GAA ranks 11th in the nation among Division I goaltenders.
UMass-Lowell at Northeastern (Sat. at Matthews Arena)
- NU goalie Chris Rawlings' .925 save percentage ranks second among conference netminders.
- The River Hawks power play currently ranks third in the conference at 17.4%.
No. 15 Boston University at Vermont (Sun. at Gutterson Fieldhouse, CBSCSN)
- Vermont won the season series with BU last year, 2-0-1. The schools last met of Feb. 28 of last season, a
3-2 Catamounts win at Gutterson Fieldhouse.
- The Catamounts have allowed a league-low seven goals in the first period this season.