~ Hockey East teams face four ECAC teams in non-conference play ~
Tanner House and Maine host New Hampshire Friday night on CBS College Sports
No. 3 UNH (Fri.) at No. 6 Maine (at Alfond Arena, CBS College Sports Network)
- Maine has been victorious in the last two meetings, and owns a 56-45-5 edge in the series all time, but UNH
has a 7-3 record in the last 10 meetings.
- UNH's top offensive line comes in red-hot and is piloted by senior Mike Sislo who handed out five assists last
Sunday against Vermont. Over the past eight games, the trio (Phil DeSimone, Paul Thompson, Sislo) has combined
for 49 points (6.13 ppg) on 14 goals (1.75 gpg) and 35 assists (4.38 apg). Athletic Republic Player of the Month
Paul Thompson is in the midst of a eight-game point streak with 18 points (7g,11a) for the Wildcats.
UMass-Lowell at Princeton - Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at Hobey Baker Rink)
- The River hawks have held opponents scoreless in 24 of their last 25 power plays opportunities (96%).
- UMass-Lowell forward Ryan Blair tallied two points (1g,1a), having a hand in both UML goals last weekend.
Quinnipiac at Providence (Sat. at Schneider Arena)
- The Friars have killed off 15 consecutive penalties, including 12 against Maine last weekend.
- Sophomore Tim Schaller, who had five points last season, already has 10 points this season, doubling his
point total from his rookie year.
- PC is 3-1-3 at home this season at Schneider Arena after last Saturday's loss to Maine.
No. 7 Boston University at Rensselaer (Sat. at Houston Field House)
- BU's Alex Chiasson has tallied 18 points (6g,12a) in 14 games this season, after a 19-point freshman year.
- BU freshman Sahir Gill continues to play great two-way hockey as he carries in a seven-game point streak
(1g,6a) and is tied for fourth in Hockey East +12 rating. Gill has been a +1 in seven of the last eight games.
- BU is 5-1-2 in the eight games this season in which it has allowed the first goal.
Vermont at Dartmouth (Sun. at Thompson Arena, ESPNU)
- On Wednesday night, Vermont opened a five-game non-league stretch with a 3-0 loss against No. 1 ranked
Yale. The Catamounts are 0-2-1 in non-league games this season.
- Vermont has allowed a league-low four goals in the opening period this season.
Massachusetts at No. 6 Maine (Sun. at Alfond Arena)
- Over the last three games, all wins, Massachusetts is outscoring teams 14-5.
- The Minutemen have won five straight against the Black Bears, including all three games last year and are
10-4 against Maine since 2007.
- At four games, Massachusetts is tied for the second longest unbeaten streak in the country (3-0-1). The
Minutemen's tie came against UNH on Nov. 13, with whom they share the unbeaten streak with. UNH is also 3-0-1
with their tie coming against Brown University.