~UVM travels to UML, PC; Friars host Warriors; UMass faces Army; NU hosts Niagara~
Paul Thompson and the UNH Wildcats travel to BC and UMass Lowell this weekend
No. 10 UNH at No. 4 Boston College (Fri.) at UMass-Lowell (Sat.)
- The Wildcats hold the advantage in the all-time series with the Eagles 62-59-12 in 133 all-time meetings. Last
season, BC went 1-0-2, winning the season series vs. the 'Cats.
- BC's Cam Atkinson is currently riding a three-game goal scoring streak with five points during that time.
- UNH defenseman Blake Kessel stretched his point-scoring streak to seven games last weekend vs. Cornell.
- UMass-Lowell penalty kill has successfully held opponents scoreless on 11 straight opportunities. A span that
covers the last three games (twice against BU and one game against BC).
Vermont at UMass-Lowell (Fri.) at the Tsongas Center
- Vermont will make its first road trip of the season after playing the first five games of the year at home.
- UMass-Lowell freshman Joseph Pendenza's has scored three goals in five career games.
- Vermont is 12-12-4 all-time vs. UML and is 3-3-3 in their last 10 meetings. Vermont's last win against UMass-
Lowell came on 11/8/08 at Lowell.
Merrimack (Fri.), Vermont (Sat.) at Providence (at Schneider Arena)
- Providence is 2-0 at home this season.
- MC's Stephane Da Costa has recorded at least one point in all six of Merrimack's games so far this season.
- Last Friday, Merrimack's penalty kill surrendered its first goal, ending their perfect penalty kill streak at 21.
They were the last team to surrender a power-play goal in the nation.
- UVM has played in 10 overtime games in their last 20 contests, dating back to Jan. 30th of last season.
- Vermont is 23-15-4 vs. Providence all-time. In their last 10 meetings they are 5-3-2, dating back to 2/3/07.
Niagara at Northeastern (Fri.) at Matthews Arena
- This is the first ever meeting between the two schools.
- This season Niagara is 0-0-2 against Hockey East schools with ties against UMass-Lowell and Merrimack.
Army (Fri.), Swedish Under-20 Team (Sat.) at Massachusetts (at Mullins Center)
- UMass has won four straight games against Army and 11 of the last 14 contests. The last Army win in the
series was 5-0 on Jan. 3, 1998.
- Friday's game against Army is Military Appreciation Night. Tickets cost is $5 for a general admission ticket.
No. 7 Maine at No. 3 Boston University (Sat.) at Agganis Arena
- Athletic Republic Player of the Month Spencer Abbott had 13 pts. in seven games (6g,7a) in October.
- Boston University junior defenseman David Warsofsky leads the team in scoring with 9 points (2g,7a).
- The Terriers are 6-3-1 in their last 10 against Maine. They split the four meetings last season, 2-2-0.