~ Vermont hosts No. 6 BC; UMass heads to No. 8 UNH for pair; PC heads to UAH ~
Joe Pereira and the BU Terriers play a home-and-home series with Merrimack College this weekend
Northeastern at No. 5 Maine - Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at Alfond Arena)
- Maine forward Gustav Nyquist has a point in all eight of Maine's games this season.
- Four of Maine's eight games this season has gone to overtime. Three of them have resulted in ties.
- Northeastern forward Wade MacLeod scored his 15th-career power play goal against Niagara last weekend.
No. 6 Boston College at Vermont - Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at Gutterson Fieldhouse)
- Vermont senior Wahsontiio Stacey has a team-leading five goals, which ranks eighth in the country.
- Boston College junior forward Cam Atkinson has recorded 10 points in eight games this season (6g,4a).
- Vermont won the season series 2-1 last year, but Boston College was victorious in the Hockey East Semifinals,
3-0, on March 19 at the TD Garden in Boston.
Massachusetts at No. 8 UNH - Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat. at the Whittemore Center)
- UNH extended its unbeaten streak to six games at 4-0-2, the nation's third-longest active streak behind BU (8)
and Union (7). They have recently defeated #3 Miami, #14 Cornell, and #4 Boston College.
- UNH goaltender Matt DiGirolamo stopped 55 of 57 shots leading the 'Cats to a pair of 2-1 wins last weekend.
DiGirolamo is the league leader in GAA (1.30), save percentage (.958) and win percentage (.833) in Hockey East
- Of UMass' 27 points this year, defensemen have figured into 19 of them (10g,9a).
- The Wildcat's second line of John Henrion, Dalton Speelman, and Austin Block accounted for all four goals in
this past weekend's games.
Merrimack at No. 1 Boston University - Two-Game Series (Fri. at BU, Sat. at MC)
- The Terriers are one of two undefeated teams in the nation with a record of 6-0-2 and are off to their best start
in 33 years, when the 1977-78 national championship team won its first 21 contests.
- Merrimack is ranked 18th in the INCH National Poll and was the top "also receiving votes" team in the USCHO
National Poll. It is the first time they have been ranked in the USCHO Poll.
- The BU penalty kill has successfully killed off 36 of its opponents' last 37 power play chances, including 22
Providence College at Alabama-Huntsville - Two-Game Series (Fri., Sat.)
- Providence goaltender Alex Beaudry stopped 60 of 63 shots (.952%) in two games last weekend, including a
29-save shutout performance over Merrimack, and a 31-save performance in a 3-3 tie with Vermont.
- Providence sophomore forward Tim Schaller recorded the game-winning goal against Merrimack and assisted
on two goals in a tie with UVM last weekend. He leads the team with eight points (2g,6a).