~No. 6 Maine heads to UVM; PC and UMass play two; No. 10 UNH travels to Cornell~
Brian Gibbons and the BC Eagles play a home-and-home series with Merrimack this weekend
No. 5 Boston U. at UMass-Lowell (Fri.), at BU (Sat.) Two-Game Series
- The Terriers won the season series with UML last year, 2-1-0, including the last meeting at the Tsongas Center
on Feb. 5, a 3-2 BU win.
- BU has scored eight of its 17 goals in the first period this year and have allowed only one goal in the second
- BU and Merrimack are the only two teams in the league to remain undefeated on the season.
Providence at Massachusetts (Fri.) at PC (Sat.) Two-Game Series
- Providence holds a 32-21-3 edge in the all-time series. The Minutemen took the season series last year with a
2-1-0 mark, with both victories coming on the road at Schneider Arena by a combined score of 9-4
- Defensemen account for 7 of UMass' 12 goals this season.
- A record 7,021 fans turned out for last weekend's home opener at the Mullins Center against Boston University.
It was the largest crowd ever for a UMass Hockey home-opener.
Merrimack at No. 2 Boston College (Fri.) at MC (Sat.) Two-Game Series
- The Eagles have the top-ranked scoring defense in the country, allowing only 1.00 goals per game.
- BC won the season series vs. Merrimack last year, 2-1-0.
- Stephane Da Costa's 2.00 points per game ranks third nationally among Div. I skaters.
Holy Cross (Fri.), Bentley (Sat.) at Northeastern (at Matthews Arena)
- Chris Rawlings has made 170 saves so far this seasons, which ranks second in the country and first among
- The Huskies owned a 5-2-0 record in non-conference play last season and tied RPI, 2-2, on Oct. 15th in their
first non-conference game of the year. NU downed Bentley, 3-2, last year on Oct. 16 at Matthews Arena.
No. 10 New Hampshire at No. 15 Cornell (Fri. at Lynah Rink)
- The Wildcats and Big Red have met 24 times in the all-time series history with an even 12-12-0 mark. UNH won
the last meeting, a 6-2 victory over the Big Red on March 26 at the NCAA East Regional in Albany.
- Mike Sislo (3g) and Paul Thompson (2g) have both recorded three career points vs. Cornell in two games.
No. 6 Maine at Vermont (Sat. at Gutterson Fieldhouse)
- Maine junior Spencer Abbott lead the league with 11 points (6g,5a) in six contests this season.
- Rob Madore's 2.22 GAA ranks fourth in the league this season, while his 2.66 GAA last year was third best in
- The Black Bears' 4.67 goals per game ranks fifth among Div. I teams in scoring offense.
- Maine's 23.9% success rate on the power play ranks first among conference teams.